Friday, March 8, 2013

Trying to get to Disney!

So far, my travel day has been full of surprises, since we had a lot of snow overnight. There may have been 8 inches on the ground, and it was still snowing when I left. I was checking the flight status all night last night and early this morning and finally left home at 8:15am to stop at the dry cleaner and then go straight to Westchester NY airport, which is only 28 miles from my house. The roads were I poor condition, but as long as you stayed in the tire tracks of the other cars, it was all good. Right as I pulled into the airport, my phone rang and it was US Airways automated messaging system calling to let me know my flight had been cancelled. Not delayed. Cancelled. There was no option to speak to an agent, but they listed a number to call for assistance. So, I stayed in the parking area at SUNY Purchase (which is where you park to use this airport!) and made the call to rebook. There is only one option today in this entire area, so I headed off to NYC to catch a flight from LaGuardia. Of course, now this necessitated booking parking at LGA, as well. This is not an easy task on a Friday morning. After a few calls, I finally found one parking facility with a few spaces remaining and I pulled over and booked it online. Here's hoping the flight at 3pm will still happen ;-) fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment